Date: Mondays, April 13-May 18, 2020 (Six Weekly Sessions)
Time: Mixed Media Techniques: 9:30-11:15 AM
Medium: Mixed Media
All six sessions can be purchased for $50 here.
Join Susan Wiersema for this interactive, 6-week, online series and expand your mixed media vocabulary. Discover a new technique each week and learn ways to apply these techniques to your artwork. Following each week’s presentation, Susan will be available to guide you in a virtual group mixed media open-studio.
- Week 1 (April 13) – “No Rules” Watercolors – Susan will walk you through the basics of her “no rules” watercolor approach to help you get past your fear of this versatile medium. Learn about the variety of different tools available, their uses and how to add colored pencils and pen and ink to enhance your watercolor paintings.
- Week 2 (April 20) – Image Transfers- Learn techniques for transferring images-from photos, drawings, book illustrations and more- onto a variety of different surfaces, including dictionary pages, sheet music and colored paper. Discover how to use your transfers in your mixed-media artwork.
- Week 3 (April 27) – Drawing in Pen and Ink – Discover the different tools of the trade including ink pens, sharpies, quill pens and different varieties of paper. Explore techniques for stippling, cross-hatching and scribbling
- Week 4 (May 4) – Colored Pencils – Learn about different types of colored pencils, from wax to water-soluble. Explore new surfaces to work on and discover to incorporate colored pencil into your mixed media.
- Week 5 (May 11) – Making Blank Books – Susan will walk you through the steps to create a perfect book. Learn basic bookbinding techniques and explore creative possibilities for your cover.
- Week 6 (May 18)- Journaling 101 – Explore different types of journals, from pre made to handmade. Learn about the art of journaling and how to incorporate collage, pen and ink, colored pencils, watercolor, and ephemera.